This month’s touchdown task is to take a quick audit of your organization’s change management process. Give it a quick walkthrough.
- Make sure that you are tracking when admins make changes to machine configurations or network device configs
- Are proper peer review and approval processes being followed?
- Check to make sure that the proper folks are in the loop for various kinds of communication, error handling and reporting
- Review risk acceptance for changes and make sure it meets your expected processes
- Examine a couple of changes and walk them through the entire process to see if things are falling through the cracks
- Update any change management documentation to reflect new processes or technologies that may be in place now
Give this a quick review this month and you can rest assured for a while that change management is working strongly. With the coming fall and holiday rush ahead, you’ll know you have this base covered and can depend on it as a good foundation for the rest of your security initiatives.
Until next time, as always, thanks for reading and stay safe out there!