It’s that time of year again, spring is in the air in much of the US. That usually means it’s time to do a little clean up work around your organization.
Now is a good time to:
- Review policies, processes and exceptions and make sure they are current and all still apply.
- Check for expired accounts or accounts that should have their passwords changed – especially service accounts.
- Update your awareness program and plan for activities and areas of key focus for the rest of the year
- Review all cryptographic certificates and such to make sure none have expired or close to expiration
- Begin to plan your staff coverage for IT vacations, the summer events and the time when staff is usually reduced for the summer
- Begin the process of hiring those summer interns
- Review the logs and archives and back them up or destroy them as needed
- Any other periodic or seasonal security planning activities
Now is a very good time to do all of these things. It is also a good time to put together your plans for the rest of year and make sure that first quarter hasn’t broken your budget already. 😉
Are there other security spring cleaning items your team does every year? If so, drop us a comment and share your plans with others. More brains are better than one!