Recently, my team was asked to use our TigerTrax platform to observe a body of social media content around a specific topic for 12 hours and extract meaningful data. The topic chosen by the client was “fracking”.
As you might expect, there was quite a bit of conversation on the Internet about fracking during that period. The client wanted specifically to focus on a specific set of data and to identify potential activism or criminal activities that might be gathered from the data set. So, mission in hand, we engaged the TigerTrax platform and after 12 hours of data gathering, began our analysis.
The data we extracted was pretty amazing to the client. They were quite interested in some of the findings. For example, we identified and presented the client with:
- A word cloud of specific topics found in the data set and their relationships
- A list and frequency count of the keywords used in the data
- A ranked list of hash tags used to communicate
- The top retweeted/reposted posts during the period
- Profiles and demographics of the most influential posters during the period
- Analysis of a variety of multimedia content for “virality” and potentially dangerous impacts
- We identified an emerging damaging PR issue that the client was able to get in front of
- Details of an organized campaign to damage the reputation and safety of executives
- Videos and diagrams educating activists in vandalism and other aggressive techniques
The client was able to use this information to help educate their membership, strengthen their security during protest events and to better understand some of the emerging PR concerns around their operations. They also began to work with ISPs and other service providers to begin takedown requests for the more illicit content.
This is just a sample of some of the ways that clients are leveraging the new TigerTrax platform to assist them with business needs. Get in touch and let us know your ideas or specific problems and we will see how we can help. If you want to know what the world is saying and how it affects you, TigerTrax just might be the solution you are looking for.
Topic analysis can be performed with TigerTrax as a single deep dive event with a customized report delivered and open for re-use with other clients, or can be completely customized to the client organization and solely for their use. Ongoing monitoring and analysis of topics and events can also be done as a part of the TigerTrax services. If you would like to hear more about the TigerTrax platform, or Topic Analysis, please give us a call at (614) 351-1237 extension 206. You can also reach out to me on Twitter (@lbhuston), and we can arrange a discussion.
As always, thanks for reading and until next time, stay safe out there.
Topic Analysis with TigerTrax | MSI :: State of Security http://t.co/dSxWwNj1OZ <Great stuff here!
Topic Analysis with TigerTrax | MSI :: State of Security http://t.co/Rwjjcei8w2 <Great stuff here!
Topic Analysis with TigerTrax | MSI :: State of Security http://t.co/5fxBXEosR4