MSI’s passive assessment represents a new approach to understanding the security risks associated with an organization, be it yours or a vendor, prospect or business partner’s. MSI’s passive assessment leverages the unique power of the MSI TigerTrax™ analytics platform to perform automated research, intelligence gathering and correlation from hundreds of sources, both public and private, that describe the effective security posture of an organization.
The engine is able to combine the power of hundreds of existing tools to build the definitive profile of an organization’s security posture – such as:
- open source intelligence
- corporate data analytics
- honeypot sources
- deep & dark net search engines
- other data mining tools
MSI’s passive assessment gives you current and historical information about the security posture of the target, such as:
- Current IOCs associated with them or their hosted applications/systems (perfect for cloud environments!)
- Historic campaigns, breaches or outbreaks that have been identified or reported in public and in our proprietary intelligence sources
- Leaked credentials, account information or intellectual property associated with the target
- Underground and dark net data associated with the target
- Misconfigurations or risky exposures of systems and services that could empower attackers
- Public vulnerabilities
- Other relevant intelligence about their risks, threats and vulnerabilities – new sources added weekly…
Best of all, it gathers and correlates that data without touching the target’s network or systems directly in any way. That means you do not need the organization’s permission or knowledge of your research, so you can keep your interest private!
In the supply chain security use case, the tool can be run against organizations as a replacement for full risk assessment processes and used as an initial layer to identify and focus on vendors with identified security issues. You can find more information about it used in the following posts about creating a process for supply chain security initiatives:
Clients are currently using this service for M&A, vendor supply chain security management, risk assessment and to get an attacker’s eye view of their own networks or cloud deployments/hosted solutions.
To learn more about MSI’s passive assessment, please talk with your MSI account executive today!