This month’s Touchdown Task is to help you with detection and response. For March, we suggest you do a quick controls review on your firewall logs. Here’s some questions to begin with:
- Are you tracking the proper amount of data?
- Are the logs archived properly?
- Do you have IP addresses instead of DNS names in the logs?
- Are the time and date settings on the logs correct?
- Is everything working as expected?
Undertaking a different quick and dirty Touchdown Task each month helps increase vigilance without huge amounts of impact on schedules and resources. Thanks for reading!