Cybercriminals continue to seek new opportunities to steal credit card data, highlighted recently in the largest credit card theft seen in two years — a 1.5 million loss from Global Payments, a third-party processor of transactions for Visa and Mastercard.
What can companies do? Also, what can you do to protect your credit card data?
I sat down with Brent Huston, CEO and Security Evangelist with MicroSolved, Inc. to discuss such questions. In this audio blog post, you’ll hear:
- The current state of identity theft
- Two primary ways credit cards get stolen
- Skimming as a preferred model for theft and how to prevent it
- Why being PCI-compliant is not a silver bullet
Take a listen to this informative 15-minute interview and learn how you can protect your organization from data theft!
- The 80/20 Rule of Information Security
- HoneyPoint Security Server (a superior detection product)
- PCI Security Standards Council