Today, MicroSolved, Inc. is proud to announce the availability of their newest software product – ProtoPredator™ for Smart Meters (PP4SM). This tool is designed for smart meter manufacturers, owners and operators to be able to easily perform security and operational testing of the optical interfaces on their devices.
PP4SM is a professional grade testing tool for smart meter devices. Its features include:
- Easy to use Windows GUI
- Easy to monitor, manage and demonstrate testing to management teams
- Packet replay capability empowers testers to easily perform testing, verification and demonstrations
- Manual packet builder
- Packet builder includes a standards compliant automated checksum generator for each packet
- Automated packet session engine
- Full interaction logging
- Graphical interface display with real time testing results, progress meters and visual estimations
- Flexibility in the testing environment or meter conditions
The tool can be used for fuzzing smart meter interactions, testing protocol rule enforcement, regression testing, fix verification and even as a mechanism to demonstrate identified issues to management and other stakeholders.
ProtoPredator for Smart Meters is available commercially through a vetted licensing process. Licenses are available to verified utilitiy companies, asset owners, asset operators and manufacturers of metering devices. For more information about obtaining PP4SM or to learn more about the product, please contact an MSI account representative.
More information is available via:
Phone: (614) 351-1237 ext 206
Email: info /at/ microsolved /dot/ com (please forgive the spam obfuscation…) 🙂